Established in 2015, RIMS is the official administrator of copyright licences for the reproduction of karaoke and music videos for use on karaoke-on-demand (“KOD”) systems in Singapore. It also operates as a collective management organisation (CMO) and represents a number of record companies who are copyright holders of cinematographic films.
Anyone who wishes to reproduce or make use of such copyrighted materials for its commercial operations (e.g. karaoke operators) are required to obtain a license from RIMS.
Collective administration is widespread in Singapore, particularly for music performance rights, reproduction rights and communication rights. Some collective management organizations represent a few copyrights and this allows them to represent the copyright owners for that several copyrights mandated to them.
- Mr Simon Nasser, Warner Music Singapore Pte Ltd (Board Chairman)
- Mr Colin Goh, Ocean Butterflies Music Pte Ltd (Board Secretary)
- Mr Julius Ng, Sony Music Entertainment Singapore (Pte) Ltd (Board Treasurer)
- Mr Ngiam Kwang Hwa, Rock Records (S) Pte Ltd (Board Member)
- Mr Kenny Ong, Universal Music Pte Ltd (Board Member)
“Technology has enabled the ease of music creation and consumption. As we embrace the changes in the industry, it is our mission to enforce a strong copyright and licensing process so that generations can continue to pursue music careers creatively and professionally.”
- Brocita Enterprise Pte Ltd
- EQ Music & Media Pte Ltd
- Evolution Singapore Pte Ltd
- Forward Music Pte Ltd
- Funkie Monkies Productions Pte Ltd
- HIM Music International Pte Ltd
- KRU Singapore Pte Ltd
- Ocean Butterflies Music Pte Ltd
- Rock Records (S) Pte Ltd
- Sony Music Entertainment (S) Pte Ltd
- Suwah Records Pte Ltd
- Universal Music Pte Ltd
- Warner Music Singapore Pte Ltd